David’s first book, “Liddypool : Birthplace of The Beatles” is now in its third edition, having been first published in 2009, with a second edition in 2011.
It is the only major book on The Beatles and Liverpool, and contains many exclusive interviews with people who knew The Beatles well, including The Quarrymen, Pete Best (who also wrote the foreword), Julia Baird, Allan Williams, Alistair Taylor and many more.
It is separated into The Stories, The Biographies, every venue they played locally, and then a Liverpool Beatles Guidebook, including all of The Beatles homes, schools, venues, and every other link to any location linked to The Beatles in Liverpool.
You can purchase an unsigned copy on Amazon, or a signed copy in this store.
What purchasers have said:
- “The best read since Hunter Davies’ book in 1968”
- “Images and stories I haven’t seen before”
- “This is a must have for all Beatles fans”
- “I’m blown away by how beautiful the book is”
- “The attention to detail will blow your mind”